We are currently looking for:
Switch is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test who can take ownership of our overall software quality process. The responsibilities of this position will range from the writing and execution of manual and automated tests to the design and development of our automated test framework, including backend unit tests, endpoint integration tests and automated UI tests.
You are a talented engineer with 4+ year of professional experience who possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to pitch in and assist the team. You learn new technologies quickly and share what you’ve learned with others. You freely ask for help and freely assist others when you see the need.
Qualifications Include Experience With the Following
- UI test automation
- Unit and integrations tests
- Reporting and metrics for test failures
- Integration of test frameworks with build and deployment processes
- Familiar with Agile development processes such as Scrum or Kanban
- Data reporting and analysis
- Learning new languages and toolsets on demand Technologies We Use Include
- NodeJS with Express
- Git, GitHub, JIRA, HipChat
The team at Switch, Inc. is looking for a talented software engineer with extensive DevOps lead experience to be a part of some challenging initiatives targeted at solving problems that many consumers encounter every day. This position will provide a great opportunity for the right individual to drive the continuous delivery needs for a new emerging service.
You are a talented engineer who possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to pitch in and assist the team. You learn new technologies at speed and share what you’ve learned with others. You freely ask for help and freely assist others when you see the need. You are proficient with systems management, application deployment, database administration, network and systems design. You live for automation and have experience automating build, verification and deployment processes. At the end of the day, you are passionate about delivering business value to our customers. You take ownership of your assigned areas of responsibility.
- Experience deploying and supporting Internet products or services
- Leader experience in service based DevOps
- Knowledge of high scalability/availability systems architecture and systems support with
- Possess excellent analytical skills, technical aptitude and a proven ability to consistently
- solve complex problems
- Have an ability to engage effectively with business and technical teams
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative and fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- A highly collaborative participant on teams using iterative development methodology
- Have an ability to work independently as well as in a team to offer and drive solutions
- Strive to stay current on existing and emerging development tools, platforms, and
- delivery models
- Maintain code quality across multiple environments
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Strong experience with AWS technologies such as EC2, ELB, RDS, S3/EBS/Glacier and
- Proficiency with Docker containerization and administration.
- Proficiency with Linux systems and administration
- Strong understanding of networking, routing, and security concepts
- Experience developing and deploying REST services
- Experience deploying and administering integrated relational and non-relational
- database components within a production ecosystem
- Proficiency in writing build and deployment automations
- Proficient with monitoring tools and concepts
- Experience with development tools such as Git
- Experience with continuous integration frameworks such as Jenkins
- Knowledge of NodeJS, RabbitMQ, Nginx, MemCached or Redis
- Knowledge of Node.js Express, Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop or Scala
- Demonstrable “data science” skills and knowledge of learning algorithms
We’re always looking for:
Data-driven Marketers who are able to build and execute marketing campaigns and then measure them objectively. Along with the ability to write, fluency with MySQL, Optimizely, Google Analytics, and statistics are great skills to have.
We’re always looking for:
Interns who are hungry to learn and help across engineering, marketing, and operations and who are thoughtful, analytical and passionate about making a difference every day.